Online, Self-Booking Tool
Today, almost everyone has booked some kind of leisure travel online. We recognised that corporate travellers and travel arrangers are consumers too, so we ensured that our online technology married the user-friendly expectations of the consumer with the policy control and cost management needs of corporate procurement.
BSIDirect™ is a 100% Internet-based self-booking tool (SBT) – accessible through Microsoft™ Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Opera Apple Mac applications. It is the web interface of the in-house reservation system used by our agents. Therefore, hotel rate and availability is mirrored across offline and online booking environments.
BSI has an enviable record in successful online adoption levels of BSIDirect™ a result of system simplicity coupled with an energetic e-migration team which support customers in meeting their online adoption goals.
The tool suits customer’s requirements because:
- The simple, user-friendly, intuitive user experience is proven to drive adoption levels, as the booking channel of choice for overnight stays, long stays, group bookings and event meetings
- Users have 24 hour support if they just want some assistance or help
- The wholly owned technology, BSIDirect™ permits an element of personalisation to mirror the customer’s own corporate culture, thus yielding strong policy management and cost control
- Customer security and duty of care standards are built into the tool including employee tracking, minimum standards, health & safety and a customer-specific ‘property comment’ function akin to ‘rate my stay’
- Proven system capability to integrate with multiple distribution channels of hotel rate and facilities data including direct XML connectivity with suppliers, GDS, BSI secure room allocations, Internet rates and free-sale agreements
- Proven system capability to integrate with 3rd party travel technology providers such as KDS and Traveldoo as well as travel management company suppliers to provide best in class, seamless solutions combining the services of specialist providers
- Integrated system process to streamline ordering, authorisation and payment practices